Sheriff Scott Howell of Anson County needs this college yr to get off to an important begin and presents some sensible security ideas for folks and youngsters who’re heading again to high school.
“Mother and father have a chance as the college yr begins to share some essential details about private security with their youngsters. Educating youngsters about potential risks may help them study to keep away from these risks,” Sheriff Howell stated.
Sheriff Howell stated, “The beginning of the college yr is a very good time to remind your youngsters simply how a lot info is accessible about them on-line when they’re utilizing their digital units on social media. We should educate our kids that individuals who wouldn’t have their greatest curiosity at coronary heart can use that non-public info in a manner that may put them in peril,” stated Sheriff Howell.
“We additionally should proceed to teach our children concerning the hazard of medication and substances that may harm them,” stated Sheriff Howell. “We are able to all study from the security ideas under and abide by them to make Anson County safer for everybody.”
• Whereas strolling, bear in mind to all the time journey with a pal. Two heads are higher than one, particularly if there’s an emergency.
• Don’t put on headphones while you’re strolling alone or with associates so you may hear your environment and know if somebody is approaching you.
• A stranger is anybody you or your dad and mom don’t know nicely.
• By no means take something like sweet or drugs from somebody you have no idea.
• If a stranger in a automotive stops to ask you questions, hold strolling and by no means method the car. Even when they name you by title, don’t be fooled. They could have seen your title on a backpack, a lunchbox, even in a neighborhood newspaper or on social media.
• Strangers can use tough ways to influence you to come back with them like: asking you to stroll with them to point out you one thing; asking you to assist search for a misplaced pet or particular person; or telling you that your mother or dad are harm and providing to take you to them. Until you recognize the particular person, don’t go together with them!
• If you happen to assume you’re in any hazard, yell for assist and run to the closest enterprise.
• All the time inform an grownup you belief like a guardian, member of the family or instructor if a stranger has approached you.
• Don’t inform anybody you don’t know your private info like your title and handle.
• Set up a secret household “code phrase.” If somebody claims to know your loved ones however doesn’t know the code phrase, don’t go together with them.
“By taking the time to rigorously put together your little one on easy methods to deal with these conditions, you may guarantee your little one’s security whether or not they’re on their strategy to college or an after-school exercise, heading dwelling, enjoying on a playground or driving their bikes,” Sheriff Howell concludes.